Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Poetipics Results!

Okay, so after an extra sudden-death day to get some final results, the first Poetipics competition is complete! Congratulations, Stephen Molen, you're the winner! See his poem, as well as the other two great entries by Belinda Zoller and Laura Jackson, below.




Could Be:

by Stephen Molen

Bedrooms, bathrooms,
torture chambers, classrooms,
dining rooms, kitchens,

libraries of fiction;
prison cells or computer labs,
where real fake life is had;
an asylum or shelter,
our guesses could be better

And yet does it matter
what we guess our guesses to be?
Our imaginations we flatter
when we make up what we see.
And yet we play this game,
to break life and the mundane.



By Laura Jackson

Blind alley, boarded up
Stark and cold, forever old
Windowless windows
Peering here, there
Going nowhere,
Washed out, wishes


By Belinda Zoller

Looking through windows on my Android smartphone--
They're windows within windows, metatastically yay to me,
Appropriate metaphors for my mobile flat.
In the biggest square is my office, conforming me by the ubiquitous overflowed inbox following me whe
rever I go;
The second slitted one is the diameter of my eyelids at 2am texting my lover (an exposed sliver in the dark);
And below these windows is a basement where I stash and trash all the emails and lovers from old SD cards
from old flats, from old windows.


Thanks for participating, everyone! And we look forward to another round of Poetipics this week.

Poetry is not dead!


No comments:

Post a Comment